Thursday, October 22, 2009

She shoots, she scores!






My healthclub is undergoing some major renovations. It has recently been purchased by a Swedish dude, and all of the changes will be vast improvements from its neglected former state. So far, the chlorine pool has been refilled with a saline solution (no chemicals!), and the exercise room is currently getting a "green" face lift, with bamboo floors and a solar roof. Going to the gym mon-fri is a must for me; mostly because Solveig loves the daycare there, and I need the Solveig free time, chatting with mom friends, and attempting to get completely lost in sweat.  So lately, with all the work that's being done, and equipment being replaced, I am down to about 2 things I can use while there: the recumbent bike and the basketball court. Naturally, I've chosen the court.  The court is a gem. It seems to be mostly used at night, so I have it all to myself. Although I do practice my dribbling -through the legs, behind the back -  as well as my enviable finger spin, it's all about the foul shot percentage: I am currently at 30%, but improving daily. It has sort of become my morning Zen - something about the bounce of a basketball is really soothing.  Moral of the story? You're never too old to be young again. And, pretending Rajon Rondo is guarding you while you go up for that layup, is not such a bad way to start the day.